Sunday, December 30, 2007

Coaching at SJSU

At the ARC conference, Monica, Gloria and I talked about what we would love to see happening at SJSU and developing a formalized coaching/mentoring struck a deep chord for all of us. We had lunch with Ruth Johnstone from the UW and came back to campus with the determination to see if we could begin a program at SJSU like that as UW.

Monica and Gloria and I met at the King Cafe to determine steps forward. Monica talked with Charlie and he's supportive of the plan. (I know that it would be great to have such a program for faculty and MPPs as well.) The folks at the UW have been great about sending us their information. We're talking with friends in the colleges who have expertise in this area and finding out more about the City's mentoring program. And over Christmas break we're reading some books/articles to get a better foundational understanding of the field of Coaching/Mentoring.

I thought I'd use this blog for the next few weeks to capture what I'm reading about and thinking about as we plan to begin a coaching program at SJSU in the fall.

No comments: